Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I always know where my keys are now

I have been wanting an entry hall table since I moved in in June, so I got to thinking on what I could turn into one. We found this on the side of the road when Tim first moved out a few years ago, it use to serve as his entertainment center. It had a top on it without doors, I had Tim saw those off and removed the doors from the bottom. I totally forgot to take a beginning pic! It was solid black when I started. I painted it all over with white and then distressed it by sanding and using some antique glaze. I knew I wanted to add a pop of color to it some how. I decided on a chevron pattern using a free quart of paint I grabbed from Ace hardware a few Saturday's ago. At first I did it on just the shelf and decided it needed it on the bottom also. Here are a few pics of the progress.
 I had to do a lot of sanding to get the top smooth from cutting off the top
 Stencil traced, it's ready for some paint
 Working to get that distressed look
 Without the bottom painted
 I'm in love with it and it is the perfect place to empty my hands when i walk in the door. No more searching the house for my keys!!

1 comment:

  1. All these projects make me want to start changing furniture up in my house. If Tim gets mad, I'm blaming you ;)

    ReplyDelete