Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

So I've decided to dedicate Tuesday's as Tasty Tuesday's by adding a new recipe every week. Tonight I made my first ever homemade cheesecake. I even added chocolate chips!
Here Is what you will need: 2/3c crushed chocolate graham crackers, 2tbsp melted butter, 3 8oz packages of cream cheese, 3 large egg whites, 1can 14oz of sweetened condensed milk, 2tbsp vanilla extract, and 1/2c of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Preheat oven to 350. I used a springform pan, it makes it so easy to serve.

First mix your crushed graham crackers with the melted butter to form the crust, pat it down to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
Next, blend together the cream cheese, egg whites, milk, and vanilla until very smooth.
Then, stir in the chocolate chips and transfer to the pan. 
Now it's time to bake. Bake at 350 for about 30mins or until only the center jiggles.
After it is done cooking, take a knife around the edge to loosen the cake from the pan. Then, put in the refrigerator to cool in the pan uncovered for 2 1/2 hrs or longer. If you are going to serve it the next day, I would cover it so it doesn't dry out. 

Before serving I sprinkled a few chocolate chips on top to make it a bit prettier :)
It was good to the last bite. Everyone loved it! 

2 comments:

  1. GREAT job!! I suck at making cheesecakes, I bake them too long every single time and they crack down the center (or at least I think that is why they crack). I stick with other desserts and maybe one day I try cheesecake again!
    btw I love when people comment on my blog so you can expect me to comment on your posts too. Just sharing the love ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMM! Can't wait to taste some!

    ReplyDelete