Here are the ingredients needs for the White Chicken Herb Pizza:
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- - I left out the red onions because I'm not a huge fan of onions. I used dried oregano instead of fresh, due to the lack of at Kroger. I used the Kroger brand pizza cheese, I could not find the kind the recipe calls for.
- The steps to deliciousness:
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; let dough stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
3. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.Add flour and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
4. Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough into a 12-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread white sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with chicken and onion.
Bake at 450° on bottom oven rack for 9-10 minutes or until crust is golden. I followed the time of the pizza crust can.
- Sprinkle with herbs and enjoy. It was so good!
Amanda making the awesome cake.
It turned out so pretty.
Strawberries are my favorite
I know you're wanting some right about now.